 |
 |
|
| THICK SKIN THIN HEARTS |
| Wednesday, May 14, 2008 at 1:42 AM |
I just want to blog about this. Thick skin thin hearts. Those are the mark of the character I see and admire in those above me, we all got to pay the price.
Thank God for bringing me good "sharpeners". People in my life who sharpen me, make me a better person. Just like "iron sharpens iron", we all need one another. Saying "i repent" is one thing, but we must make effort to improve, to "resurrect" back again. It's tough at first, but we all go through that and come out stronger. Not that we forgot those "arrows" but we are quick to repent because we have a thin heart. A heart that's soft and teachable. Someone above me once said, "If you keep repeating the same mistakes, means you're unteachable."
There's a purpose why I'm under certain leaders, I realise some of the things I need to learn from them were exactly what they'd experienced in the past too. Before moving on to another advancement, I always pray that God would place me among people who can help bring me up another level, help me towards my destiny. Thankful for my dears in NGO and SKIN. For being my friends, always cheering me on, seeing the good and the not so good in me, for their love, understanding and care showered upon me. Let us keep on keeping on in this race, we can do it!!!
At the end of the day, for myself, I feel it all boils down to love. Having a heart for people, for God. Putting myself in the perspective of the people I serve in church, in the marketplace, and at home. Those I'm serving above, as well as under me.
Through it all, we shouldn't let the devil have a foothold thru the negative things he makes us want to believe, and that's exactly his plan to twarp our destiny.
Lastly, quoting my friend Shaun: "Submission is a test of whether you are serving because of a calling or for your own ego. You will hang on to your ministry no matter how severe the discipleship is.. because it is a calling, not a choice. And the call of God is honorable & irrevocable."
My dreams will blossom...
|
 |
 |