| A Day of Happenings |
| Wednesday, September 24, 2008 at 1:56 AM |
Today I received an sms from someone thanking me for making their day. And I feel it's all about honoring the other party with your actions which speak louder than words. And when I please Him, I will also please others. Knowing that I can touch someone's life in a small way brought a smile :)
Oh and something happened today whilst at great world. I was doing a transaction.. and Ling was about to wrap the items. Then suddenly the whole length of the sliding board where we place our wrapping paper FELL and hit her right foot! I don't know how it exactly happened.. the sliding mechanism might be faulty or she used too much strength to pull the board out. But it all happened so fast...the customer exclaimed and we were both shocked..
I admire her great attitude, it must have been so painful yet she didn't cry or make any sound at all...(the board is made of wood.. really HEAVY and LONG..the whole length of it fell on her right foot...ONLY her RIGHT foot) but carried on wrapping as if nothing had happened until the customer left and I finished transacting.. Then only did she tell me that it was so painful that her foot became numb.. like the blood circulation had stopped there... quite impressed by her :) no matter how also she must "ren" and act like nothing happened because there was a customer.
So... for the rest of the evening she was stuck with a swollen foot and couldn't walk.. I was thinking.. if it were me I'd surely cry.. she had to go home so I helped her out to the taxi stand to wait for a cab.
Ling is my "Star of the day" haha.. regardless of how/what you're feeling you still have to serve with a good attitude and honor the customer well. Easier said than done, but that's the way it is. Sometimes you may feel that nobody sees, but God SEES the sacrifice. And "We can do ALL things Thru Him who strengthens us." It's when I'm weak that He becomes Strong.
She's seeing a doc tomorrow morning. Praying that she will be well, no fracture or anything serious...
My dreams will blossom...
|