<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/4270987466963230595?origin\x3dhttp://what-i-wannabe.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
My Divine Appointment
Saturday, September 6, 2008 at 12:27 AM

I thank God for divine appointments. Today I met this lady named Xiang Chen who was the interperator for our Japanese visitors in cell group.

After the meeting, I thought I'd take bus and mrt home with Xiang Chen and her boyfriend.. then realised they both live in the east too. So they offered to give me a lift home by cab. We chatted along the way, and she shared about how she came to find her purpose and calling in what she does as a translator. It's abit of a long story, but what make me think most was how she came to realise that translating was what she wanted to do. All along it was in her, and God was preparing her for it, just that she didn't know until that very moment. So she took a step of faith to move from her previous job as a teacher, and move into working with Japanese people. Now she works in a recruitment firm and all the clients she has are solely Japanese.

Then she asked, "Do you know what you really want to do?" I told her honestly I didn't. I know my purpose and calling in my ministry but not so for my career. I thank God for opening the door for me at NGO, then at Skin. It's a priviledge to be apart of this great team who always give me oppurtunities, never give up hope in me, and I really want to bear a good testimony during the time i'm there. But what I want to do, I'm still at pit stops, waiting and searching. Believe that God has His seasons and timings for me, and I'm assured that as I keep seeking, I'd find it. So I will just keep walking by faith, doing the right things right, running after His vision. Cos He's a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. And you reap what you sow.

We realised, WOW it's such a small world. She said she never imagined coming to this small part of Upp Bukit Timah, to our cg, and we get to meet. Hahaha... God really suprises us with what we least expect. Though we never know each other before, we have very common backgrounds and experiences. Oh..I'm surprised to hear she was under Lillian before...and knows all my friends at NGO...WHa..

Today God used her to speak encouragement and wisdom to me. When others share their testimony how they breakthrough, strength is renewed to pick up that baton and run the race of pursuit towards that calling. I'm blessed and inspired by her sharing, and I really believe that what happened for her can happen for me too. I can be used where I am right now :) It's bliss to know you're living to your fullest potential! Oh yes, her boyfriend has a Skin voucher that expires this month and they'd be looking for a birthday gift..haha.

This Race of Faith and the Narrow way was never easy, but one sure thing is..

Running after Him and His vision, He will be Running Beside you, Believing In u, ChEering you on, spurring you to greater heights.. from Faith to faith, Glory to Glory. I don't want Him to run without me, neither do I want to run alone.

It's the assurance as you "Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, all things shall be added to you."

My dreams will blossom...