| Unity |
| Monday, September 22, 2008 at 1:44 AM |
We had our "Mooncake Fiesta" outreach few weeks ago, and "KS zone bowling" today. I thought the best thing that came out of it: Establishing closer bonds and making new friends. It was the atmosphere and spirit of unity that I caught and learnt. Although our team "Unity" won the most votes for the lantern making, I think there was so much more to that than just wanting the prize.
I'm happy because as a team we had a common goal - Not just to win, but be a good participator. All of us lent our creativity and talent to contribute ideas. And these ideas were very clever! I felt what made it happen was our unity and attitude that we want to serve and give our best work, even though it was a simple task. I liked their excellence in the details from drawing and cutting out our designs to the "hair extensions" below our lantern haha! Below are our Mooncake Fiesta pics =)







Where there's unity, everyone communicates and speaks the same language, show a willingness n initiative to serve.. People are inspired n encouraged to want to contribute. We do things together more often and build up our relationship. We look to a common goal and grow in the process. Things get done and there's joy in the fruits.. And the best thing is, people begin to be drawn to us. I prAy thAt thE cell grouP and connEct grouP wilL havE greAter love n spiRit of unitY to ruN wiTh the viSion of our leader togeTher.. show greater initiAtives.. and thAt thEy will seE a much biGger picture ahEad.. and we'd be abLe to communicaTe the viSion clearlY thRu our actions.
Today was also the 1st time I bowled. The whole zone gathered @ Tampines Safra Club. Must say that Pst Kenneth, and afew others are really good at it. I felt that bowling and me had no link at all.. all the balls i bowled were "longkang" balls.. bUt it takeS sKill & praCtice.. From getting "0" for the first ten rounds, I finally managed to get a hang of the game during our second round and didn't do too badly.. even got one "Strike" hahaha =) Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and positive attitude towards me!.. W272 are my best cheerleaders!!! David said, "Now you're beginning to like the game right?" haha.. mmm now i liKe boWling a little bit more..
The bEst thing to find in the race are peoPle runNing aloNGside u chEering u on, knoWing that they beLieve in u and trust in u. They wilL chEer u on whEn u neeD a little push n encouragement to step out in faith, cry with u when you're sad, and scold u when you need to "wake up your idea"..
Leaving my bloG with thEse 2 piCs: thE bowLing allEy.. also Suhui's and my legS shoWing off thE bowling shoEs:D hAha abit lAme i know ^_^

My dreams will blossom...
|